Semi-Automatic | Pneumatic Underpinner
The U-400 has been designed for ease of operation and is particularly well suited for joining large frames up to 5 ½” (140mm) in width.
Supplied with a tilting floor stand, the machine can be operated from the front or back and has a single stage pneumatic foot pedal that activates the Horizontal Clamp, securing moulding during the joining process.
After the framer sets the two position stops for measuring the max distance between strokes, a dual function hand lever is then used to position and actuate both the Vertical Mould Holding Clamp and the V-Nail driver inserting V-Nails anywhere along the pre-set stroke distance.
A key operating feature for the U-400 allows the operator to quickly change V-Nail mm size using an interchangeable metal magazine channel. Operator easily accesses the interchangeable channel from the rear of the machine to load the appropriate V-Nail size. This feature eliminates the added purchased cost of plastic nail cartridges.
- Unique Performance Features
- Handles up to 5 ½ ” (140mm) wide moulding – Unique competitive advantage over other industry frame joiners
- Designed with “interchangeable channel magazines” allowing operator to quickly change V-Nail sizes
- Operator controlled arm for left or right operations – allows framer to accurately position the Nail Head for inserting or stacking V-Nails anywhere along the frame joint
- Uses both a vertical and horizontal clamping method
- Adjustable working table height for operator comfort
- Easy table tilt adjustment
- Join either from back or front of machine
|Width||15 ¼” (590mm)|
|Weight||198 lbs (90 kg)|
|Length||23 3/4" (600mm)|