Fiery Prep-it: Print-for-cut preparation software
Fiery® Prep-it™ is a powerful, easy-to-use software solution for the preparation, layout, and automated production of print-for-cut jobs. It can both save you hours of prepress time and dramatically decrease your media usage with its efficient true shape nesting.
- Print more jobs on less media with highly optimized, free-angle, true shape nesting
- Save hours of manual prepress time with fast and easy cut path and layout preparation
- Focus on other tasks by fully automating nest creation
- Maximize the use of existing printing and cutting equipment with comprehensive connectivity
- Avoid expensive errors by using predefined workflows and hot folders
Cut path and job editing
Production marks and tiling
- Save more than 10% on media versus competitive true shape nesting solutions
- Prepare jobs in a fraction of the time compared to manual nesting methods, plus reduce media consumption by an average of 33%
- Decrease your media usage by over 50% instead of using wasteful rectangle-based in-RIP nesting, and save on nesting time
More economic benefits:
- Fiery Prep-it nests use less media, so they take less time to print, delivering more throughput from your printers
- Its tighter nests keep cutting times to a minimum, freeing up your cutters and routers to accept the next job
- Fiery Prep-it can connect to any RIP that accepts PDF files so you can utilise all available printers
- Its comprehensive output cut formats provide the flexibility to connect to many types of cut controllers
- Prep-it only uses the necessary amount of substrate by using smaller board sizes for the last “sheet” of a nest
Single- and double-sided nesting
Fiery Prep-it makes it easy and efficient to prepare print-for-cut jobs. It can connect to many different RIP brands and cut controller solutions — providing a central hub for all your print-to-cut needs. From true shape nesting and cut path editing, through to double-sided printing and automation, it can maximize the use of your existing printing and cutting equipment.
True shape nesting
The Prep-it free-angle true shape nesting uses the least amount of media possible for a given set of nested jobs. Nests are calculated at speed, and can contain one or multiple jobs, as well as multi–page PDFs.
Produce perfectly aligned, two-sided prints from highly accurate, double-sided nests of both rectangular and irregular-shaped jobs.
Presets, hot folders, and automation
Set up an unlimited number of hot folders with predefined actions assigned for error free job preparation. Plus, totally “hands-off” production automation can be achieved from prepress workflow, MIS, and web-to-print solutions with JSON file “job definition” integration to Fiery Prep-it.
Cut path editing
Add, remove, and fine-tune cut path points with familiar editing tools, and toggle between before and after results. Merge multiple cut paths, plus generate inline or outline offset paths in seconds.
Tiling and paneling
Easily tile oversized rectangular and irregular-shaped jobs automatically — with no limits on size and number of panels. Perform advanced functions such as overlaps, gap, oversize/bleed, extra white area, and eyelets.
Cut marks and barcodes
Add a variety of cut marks and barcode types automatically, with the option to override and use manual placements
Move jobs manually or by coordinates, scale them numerically or by percentage, plus crop jobs visually. Create simple cut paths with just a few clicks.